Saturday, July 28, 2007

In The Beginning...

Well, something has got to give and it was only a matter of time that I was thrust into the weird world of blogsphere. You can hear my heart beat, but you know, that is not anything special since my heart beats even when I am asleep. Or so I suppose.

I’ve been mulling about this beginning and postponing it every so often, even when reminded by Dee that ‘times a rolling.’ I think my problem is that I want to do something grand every time. And that invites that frequent visitor called Procrastination. I often think that if something is not done in a grand style, my chances of ending up in Time (magazine) will go up in smoke…

Yet I can’t stop the Pause Button in my life wishing for the grand scheme of things that will make me appear in Time. Lesser mortals who even call themselves ‘celebs’ have let their hearts continue beating and in so doing settled for Pulse (magazine).

I think blogging will make my heart swell. I will be happier. Our Kid deserves to be happier. I will continue with my pursuit of even more happiness when I let off my thoughts and see them disappear into blogsphere. See, just letting off that thought and wish of happiness made me add a milli-ounce of happiness to my life.

You see, my theory of happiness has been that one can never be truly happy but can only remain in pursuit if happiness. And you can only do this if you surround yourself with persons who make thee happy. Persons who make you smile. Persons who have are mindful of your well being. Persons who are happy to find that you are happy.

Sometimes we reckon that we will find such persons in the families we were born into. Our parents, sisters, brothers or other relatives. Sometimes we don't! Sometimes we think that if we got into relationships or new surroundings (cue blogsphere, ha) we fill find happiness. Maybe we will. Maybe we won't. But we will never know if we don't try.

We could try and fail. We could try and succeed. Who is to know? We take the chances. I have taken the chances in my life and I have tried to minimize (what was that word again), er... regret. I even used white out to erase the word 'regret' from my dictionary. It is the only word I have erased.

So here goes that first blog. Will it last. Only Time will tell. Or maybe Pulse.




No comments: